The International Parenting & Health Institute is proud and grateful to launch our nonprofit website to support our mission and commitment to improving the quality of health and life of parents and their children, specifically single under-resourced mothers both locally and internationally.
Because many single mothers face: work-life challenges, guilt, blame, and responsibility, emotional challenges, financial strain, limited time and fatigue, societal stigmas, custody and co-parenting concerns, their self-care often is compromised which not only impacts them but their children as well.
We chose to specifically support single mothers for a number of vital reasons (explained below) including the single mother journey our founder, Mar De Carlo was once on, where she overcame multiple adversities leading her to create the International Parenting & Health Institute.
Our vision is to create a world where under-resourced single mothers receive help, education, tools and the inspiration they need to improve their overall well-being, get better sleep, and live to their fullest potential, in order to healthfully support themselves and their children. As a natural result of supporting under-resourced single mothers, our impact will also aid in reducing and preventing physical and mental health challenges as well as domestic violence.
- According to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), single moms get less sleep than any other demographic.
- According to a Pew Research Center study of 130 countries and territories, the U.S. has the world’s highest rate of children living in single-parent households with almost a quarter of US children live in single-parent homes, more than in any other country.
- According to UN Women, globally, there are 101.3 million lone/solitary mothers who live alone with their children, and at least another 101.3 million women whose reality and possible vulnerability, income and/or care needs are invisible to policymakers because they are not counted by official statistics.
- According to the National Center for Fathering, compared to living with both parents, living in a single-parent home doubles the risk that a child will suffer physical, emotional, or educational neglect.
- Figures published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS)has found teenage girls and single parents with children are among the most likely victims of domestic abuse. Data also reveals that single parents are four times as likely to be a victim of domestic abuse than those living with other adults.
While there exists a great number of resources, tips and education for single moms, a large majority still continue to struggle because often the solutions are not collaborative, customized, practical and realistic enough for them. As a result, they often feel defeated, give up hope and continue to compromise their self-care. That is where the International Parenting Health Institute, founded by Mar De Carlo, a once struggling Hispanic single mom with an extensive background in health, parenting and business comes in.
With over 25 years of training and experience, Mar De Carlo, along with an international board, faculty and administration team, bring forth a wealth of talent, education, and skills to support single mothers through holistic education programs and creative arts that have been well established and introduced to parenting and health professionals in 2009, now being tailored to help single mothers and the professionals who work with them. IPHI has a proven successful track record that has reached thousands of people in 59 countries and growing. These programs include Mar’s contribution of her Holistic Coach Education and Physical Awakening Method.
While the International Parenting & Health Institute nonprofit will be solely focused on creating a world where every single mother has the opportunity to thrive, it will maintain a subsidiary company to support the continued existence of all the prior professional parenting and health certification programs that it has been offering since 2009.
Call To Action
We are currently seeking volunteers who are ready to donate their time to support our operations as well professionals who would like to offer pro-bono services for single mothers. Contact us at email@example.com to receive more details.
We are also accepting donations and sponsors.
Your donations help to support the following major areas:
- Creating and providing local and international events both online and in person to equip under-resourced single mothers with education, resources, tools and support.
- Providing training courses for medical and non-medical professionals and non-profits who serve single mothers.
- Supplying downloadable online guides, brochures and information packets as well as webinars.
- Research and development
- Film, tv and social media productions to represent, inspire and educate single mothers.
To donate, click the donation link: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=7BTYJR9EUNFKL
To sponsor, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for helping us make an impact to support single mothers and their children! Together we will help to create a world where single mothers around the world and their children have an opportunity to thrive.